Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onlinegamingleague.userboard.net
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:38 am

DAY 1 -

Really unhappy with the car, balence is bad, top speed aint tht good,

lot of work to do this week, not feeling confident.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:57 am

DAY 2 -

Improved speed of car, times are bit better, still not happy with balence, and gears need sorting,
enjoying the challenge of this seasons set ups,

working hard to improve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ajbrown

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:50 pm

well after the dissapoint ment off china redbull headed in to the european season slightly unhappy the car is not were we expected to be after pre season but anyway got out on track with the new whell feels much smoother but ddecided not to risk it atm as it needs more testing on it but so far so gd confident off a gd race and good car
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 am

DAY 3 -

Race sim done, fuel / tyres checked, and feeling lot better with the car, things are looking little better for the weekend,

also SC is back this week, tht will mix things right up for a good race,
Can now concentrate on fine tuneing, with only a few days left b4 race,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:21 am

Ok i forgot to post my reports for testing so far but here it goes.

1st i tried to get used to track and find my braking points etc...

Then i started to focus on tyre and setup work but a little accident ment i have to rest for the rest of the week.

The Pain is getting less every day but i have to wait and see how it progresses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:28 am

Well, race pace is looking good, we have some new parts for this race which should help us challenge for the win. Quali pace we're not sure about but hopefully the new parts help us because new parts are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:35 am

DAY 4 -

Fianly sorted balence in the car, and with it some more time,
Feels a lot better, an push hard like in last 2 races,

Will now start on quali,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:08 am

friday test dident go as well as i hoped cant get into the 31s like most of my rivals so gonna be a tough race tomorrow
not confidant in race and my starts are not wot id like them to be
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:17 am

Well dunno what to say. Working hard all wrk week to gain more pace
Now I have it feeling soooo good in the car, now I have. Net.

Went off last night, came back on 30 mins before prac, now it's gone again.
Dunno if it'll be back.

So if I have net tomorrow I'm really confident I can claim pole and race win.
That's a big if with the net, hop to Cyas morrow if not good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DFRACING1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:27 am

Didnt feel confident as i wasnt at home and racing the way i normaly do, was at my mum and dads nicking there net, with wheel clamped to kitchen table, was a challenge, but practiced a lot,

Quali - 1st run was poor, 2nd lapped pulled it all 2gether for my pb, and pole

well the unlucky thing about having pole this season is that no1 has won from pole yet,
doh.

Race - Got an ok start held lead into turn 1 which was main thing,

alex and harv were fighting and managed to pul out big gap b4 sc,
sc went in i pitted along with alex and harv, came out p3 behind alonso and cunnie
nxt lap cunnie pitted, and 3laps later i overtook alonso to go back into the lead.

again alonso and alex had a battle and had another big lead,
again sc came out and tht went,

built up a gap, b4 another sc, last of race, then it was all about me and harv.
pace was soooo close for rest of race, tradeing fl times, like old times loved it,

9 lps to go i noticed alex pit,, and as hes closest in title race i had to cover him,
2laps later WTF !! HAR STILL GOING,,

another lap, harv dnt pit,, wht a gamble,

start of last lap, hrv really starting to struggle, was pushing so hard,
last 2 turn harv finding it hard to turn in, i went 4 the cutback at exit of last turn, harv jst had it,, and to end it all his tyre blew 1 turn later lol,

get in harv mate, you took the gamble, and it paid off, fully deserve the win,

and my 1st 1-2 since season 1, so chuffed to get tht,
wd alex and alonso

onto spain, forcast wet, bring it, this season is bloody amazing, cant wait for more,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arcticwolve100

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:33 am

crap start had softs on got hit of nere end of 1st lap
when i pitted again put softs on again doooh by accident
got stuck be hin a sauber but wasent sure wot hed do so stayed behind
thankfully sc saved my race
had a great battle with jimmi but my main rival was cunnie but we was ota sink on pits he got me for 8th
2 laps from end me engine blew. got 10th so happy enough had a feelin engine may go but forgot to put it on boost 1 wanted to get cunnie lol
on the pluss brakes lasted agin woop

on sad not rip bertha engine 1 she served me well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alonso0506

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:39 am

Ok after Having and injury that nearly kept me off the Race im pleased and dissapointed with that 4th.

First off all Qualifying.

q1 and q2 were ok but i knew had something left. Then Q3 and car felt great but i screwed 1st run so just finished this one and went back to pits.

2nd run was better but could have been better but P5 ok as my starts are amazing.

Then Race

As i said start were really good and nearly got alex into t1 but stayed behind and had a really good battle with Dan again and its awesome to battle with him really fair and good.

Now pitted lap 9 and sc came woop. Was in 1st but i had some strange things going on with my pc as the monitor kinda freezed for a split second.

Anyway carried on but other were much faster and had so much pain in my hand i thaught it was better but obvo wasnt.

Now knew i have to pit earlier to get new tyres working and did that and after 2nd sc again P1. Couldnt defend again and that was it.

I tried to hang on but other just to fast.

Now P4 and still 3rd in the championship but i really need to step up in Barcelona.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mythos

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:48 am

Turkey Race Report:

For one more time i slept in my cockpit and and after a last minute setup change, i didnt catch the start of the race. So, i started from the pits.
Well this was good cause as i saw later when the first SC came out and i got the group, massive lag attacked to my pc. I couldnt give fights for my position cause it was very dangerous. So, i gave my positions at every fight in which more than 3 cars evolved. The race was good and i was making pitstops to avoid traffic and lag, so to keep a pace.
In a lap with the SC in the track, someone hit me from behind so i lost 7 sec in repairs. I had a small battle with Lee but at the end of the race and after my last pitstop i was saving tires and engine. Finally with this strategy i took the 8th.
It was the best result i could take from here, so i'm very happy with the start of the season, cause this is the start of the season for me.

Some comments for the SC too. There are rules. I think that the SC is not obey them. When it is going out, it must pack the grid before it will release it again for the restart of the race. It didnt done this. It released some pack of cars before all the cars was packed. What SC is that? Unfair and completely outside of the rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 am

the SC cant w8 4 5laps for whole pack that will be stupid
Back to top Go down
F1RacerDan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Team lotus Race Report - Daniel Lovett

Quali- had to rush back from work to get to quali in time so hadn't had any practice so was pleased to be up there and was just a hundreth of Harv in 3rd.

Race - got a steady start but was jumped by one or two cars off the line and settled in 3rd after taking a few positions back on lap 1, then had a great battle with Alonso for the first stint, good clean racing as usual Smile he pitted lap before me and the sc came out so lost out. Had a great 2nd stint coning back through the field and was back up to 4th but cosie had gone off and it was in turn 8 and was had lost control causing me to go into him, done massive danage to the car and had to limo found until the pits reopened after the second safety car. After all that I was 11th and fought back up to 6th and pitted for softs to catch Arjan for 5th.

Enjoyed the race as it was fun coming back through the field especially after the damage u received! Shame my teammate weren't here as we may have got jumped Williams in constructors but were right on their heals and I'm sitting in 5th in drivers so not too bad Wink

Onto Spain in the wet which will be interesting lol

And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jayzeewood

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:40 am

If I wait for the hole pack to catch up I would be out for 3-4 laps maybe even more. This would mean the cars that have been in the pack from SC lap 1 will have very cold tyre's and break so let's see.... GREEN FLAG 3...2....1 SAFTEY CAR DEPLOYED/PIT LANE CLOSED. I do what I do for saftey reasons not to be unfair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Istanbul - Test/Race Reports   

Back to top Go down

Istanbul - Test/Race Reports
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1